Pushing the boundaries of discovery
With more than 60 years of innovation and leadership, FEI Company enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. FEI designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide FEI team of 3000+ employees is dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired FEI Company in September of 2016 as a part of the Analytical Instruments Group (AIG) in the newly-formed Materials and Structural Analysis Division (MSD).
Check out these video’s to get more insight in what it means to work on our complex High-Tech Transmission Electron Microscopes. These high-end tools are being produced in our cleanrooms in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
We are seeking a Product Life Cycle Manager (PLM) for our High-End TEM products to join our team. In this role, you will manage our rapidly growing released High-End TEM products (Titan Krios, Themis, Metrios) for all markets through the complete life cycle of the product. Our mission is to drive profitable and sustainable products from conception through retirement by data-driven insights and direction. Your challenge will be to drive for the optimal product life cycle strategy and set the right priorities for all activities related to the High-End TEM products based on holistic view of the product performance, life cycle and roadmap.
- Manage the complete Product Life Cycle of the product with specific focus from product release through its end-of-service.
- Perform holistic analysis of the products and their needs during the entire product life cycle to determine and drive the right priorities for overall product related activity: insights and guidance based on facts.
- Strategic long term focus: Contribute to product roadmap creation and maintenance for the products in his/her portfolio and provide input towards the company Strategic Plans.
- Enjoy building relationships with all departments (BUs, R&D, Engineering, Service, etc) to adequately manage stakeholders and priorities.
- Make a difference: Initiate, define and negotiate creative and innovative improvement projects within Operations, R&D, Service and Supply Chain. Improvement projects may relate to customer satisfaction, manufacturability, serviceability, sustainability (obsolescence), price/performance, quality and reliability, cost reduction through focused value engineering activities.
- Initiate, define, negotiate and direct End of Production or End of Service projects within the product portfolio.
- Provide direction for operations, service and product life-cycle relevant specifications and content for all R&D projects and monitor their execution from high level perspective.
- If required, lead complex programs related to your portfolio.
This is a unique opportunity to influence strategy, innovation and growth in a global company. Can you bring together the right balance of analytical skills, people/ influencing skills, and pragmatism to turn your thinking into decisions and actions?
We are looking for a talented and ambitious PLM with:
- University degree in a technical discipline or a combination of education and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Typically requires 5 to 10 years of experience working in a high-tech industry environment (in Product Management, R&D, Applications Engineering, Operations Engineering, Technical Support or Service).
- Broad technical experience of high-tech analytical equipment, preferably electron microscopy equipment. Including knowledge of overall supply chain technology, manufacturing (processes) and service (processes).
- Demonstrated analytical skills: Data mining and analysis and decision making based on broad band of information and data.
- Hands-on mentality: you love complex problems and strive to get things done.
- Basic project management, strategic thinking and road mapping knowledge/experience in a high tech industry environment.
- Strong cross-site and cross-functional influencing, communication and negotiation skills. Fluent in English.
- Ability to travel.