The Sales and Service Division (SSD) of FEI is charged with selling and servicing FEI products in geographical territories worldwide. The SSD Organization serves as the primary FEI contact to both potential customers and current customers alike, providing a range of value-added products and services and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for performing the on site installation, servicing and repair of complex equipment and systems. Investigates and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system. Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Conducts on-site installations of the full range of FEI systems and their associated options.
Responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various FEI system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
This manager will prepare the candidate for a successful career as a field service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
The successful candidate will develop the following skills as part of this experience:
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a technical or undergrad program in electronics or similar field.
- Exposure installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra high vacuum and high voltage systems.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Literate in MS DOS and Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Familiar with UHV phenomenon and technology